Thursday, March 26, 2020

THE ABYSS YOU LEFT ME IN!!


    THE ABYSS YOU LEFT ME IN!!
In your eyes is where I knew love exists
And in the same eyes I experienced heartbreak
Did you really have to pass me through this
I thought with you I would walk down the isle
I always considered you my ride or die
But all you did to me was lie
You always hurt me and made me cry

The nights got colder and longer!
Coffee was not tasty anymore, it tasted quinine water. 
You always asked me to make latte for you, as we devoured the night together. 
Watching Game of Thrones. 
I been the queen to your throne. 
But i was thrown under the bus. 
Whack
Toxic teenage love.

I have avoided watching traffic at dusk
Because it always reminds me of you. 
The lights by then were bright and appealing
Honks and hoots were like a symphony
It was a spectre when the horizons would swallow the sun into a sunset oh so beautiful.
But now all that feels lifeless. 
Boring. 


In the numerous letters you sent me in high school, i had found a reason to believe in love.
I pinned them in my locker during class time, 
I took them to the dormitory with me at 9:45 P.M after group discussion.
And i would passionately kiss each of every letter you sent. Kiss, then sleep. 
It was a red letter day. Literally. 
But life comes at you fast, and in the same letters is where i tasted heartbreak.


Insomnia. 
I hid my last seen on WhatsApp because i didn't wish to see you online. 
I had no courage to block you, well i was new to such pain.
But inside i was caving in, i was still weak for you. 
I would stalk you, during my insomnia times. See if there were traces of you, and if so, traces of humanity left in you. 
Your statuses talked of someone who had moved on, someone who had found yet another one to deceive and deflower. 


But because time heals, yeah i did heal. 
Music helped, reading made me forget my troubles. 
I stopped wallowing in the abyss you left me in. 
I grew strong. Resilient. 
I was doing this for myself.
And for you reader who's spent  time to read me. 

#StaySafe 


…………………

™©

23 comments:

  1. Wooooow,, keep up the good work,, i love this piece coz i can relate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so encouraging words ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't I just love you and every piece you write always relatable ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..you did this for me too???����

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last part got to me hard😣. Nice piece bff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs bff,,, thanks for the read 😘😘

      Delete
  6. I love this piece keep up 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece work indeed... It's nice,,, at least got even lessons to learn

    ReplyDelete