Monday, February 5, 2024

DEAR POPS!

Hey Pops, I miss you man

You know, I've been feeling so lost without you

Everytime I hit a dead end,

I wish you were around to hold my hand

Or to atleast guide me on what to do 

What next after I've hit the end?

Do I give up or do I trust the process?

I most of the times feel like quitting,

But then again, they say there's light at the end of the tunnel 

I hope mine's there too.

I always look forward to holding firm your legacy

I wouldn't want to fail you, 

But most importantly, I wouldn't want to fail Mama.

We're still mourning your departure,

I mean, we didn't see that coming that soon

I know you always prepared us, but we weren't ready yet

You left abruptly.Yes you left us on our feet

But I wish you didn't have to leave

We wished for more time with you

But Cancer decided to take the trophy instead

You fought it so hard, I saw how you strained

You had the will to live longer

but the meds didn't do you any good either.

It was your time to take your leave

It was your time to rest from all the pain

We were so willing to hold on longer

But your pain wouldn't let us hang on

We saw how you suffered 

How the tests and treatments drained the remaining life out of you 

Pops, you're in a better place.

No more pain on that side

Keep watching over us, and especially Mama

She feels the void more that us

We're trying to help her sober up, as best as we can

Continue resting Papa, one day we shall meet again

When I cross the bridge.

2 comments:

  1. Everyday I continue to witness your expertise in writing 💕 this is an amazing piece andi

    ReplyDelete